Thursday, January 21, 2010

When I was unemployed.....:)

Well guys
This is the part of the life which I am really greatful that it happened to me. Thing is when one is unemployed one have a lot to time to sit back and evaluate many aspects of life. It may range from what you want to do in with your life, setting your priorities or it can be planning in short term phases. Moreover you have the whole lotta time to do all those thing which perhaps you missed out doing during your busy student life or job life.......
Well the day I was coming back from New Delhi....I was very relieved that I am no more in TERI and specially no more working under Akanksha. It was a real sucker of an experiance working under a person whose managerial capabilities are comparable to a 2 year old kid and whose temperment is much more unpredictable than the wether of Cherapunji.....and a project which doesnt even had any susbtance in it. So any way given to all these aspect I was relived that I am no longer working in LaBL or with Akanksha or with Debojit.
So thing is as I was coming back I had this aspect in mind is I wont start looking for job for the next two months. I wanted to be myself for few days you know. Be very fucking true to my own self. So the first day like after lunch I saw the movie Ashoka was aired in the TV. U know guys it was one hell of a feeling that I could see that movie while lying down in my couch without even have to worry that I have some official delivery tommorow. That was the first time I felt what peace really meant in life. I mean perhaps I feel asleep while watching the movie but when I woke up i felt refresed. It was a feeling perhaps I guess I havent felt for many years @ that point of time.
Well to say that life as unemployed guy is not at all bad. I was like free to read as many novels I would like to and spend my whole day stuck inside one of them, or I could learn a few more bit of cooking from my mom, or I could go ahead learn astrology as long as I wanted to and then I could play guitar till my guts were satisfied with the fill of melody i used to produce. Yeah and apart from that I used to make priorities for myself also. Which meant thing which Sudeep once asked me...what I want to do in life??? A very very important question which I guess most of us should ponder about.
The best part of my unemployed life was to raise a kitten whome I named Fatik. The litter was 5 days old when I found him. Well he was techincally the son of my tenants Tom Cat whos names Krishna. Now given to the fact that Krishna was a pet tom cat whoes area of dominance was the total locality where I stayed Fatik was born to him and another cat...(which is not a pet). But the mother gave birth and brought it to our home and then kkinda left it there. So from there on started my odessy with cats. So from litterally feeding him with milk and stuff and raising it...the whole experiance was quite unique. Cats have really thier issues you know. Like a dog loves his master or owner or how ever you wanna put it....Cats are not so easy to break. Cats got personality and charisma which Dogs I find lack very much. U give a dog some food and dogs are fucking too cheap and they will fall for you. Where as U can never ever break a cat by just offering him food. He will make you feed him then tell you well that was fine but dosnt expect me to do a back flip for your entertainment like a dog does.....Thats the Cat Attitude.
Unlike dogs a Cat will come to you only when he feels like coming to your. No matter how much you call he wont even bother but when a cat comes you then he makes sure that you comfort him to his/hers satisfaction .....soo you see cats need thier own space where as dogs are made to fit in our own space.....but any way ...
So with Fatik also these were very common you see. Few new stuff that I observed with Fatik was that dude was very close with his dad than that with his mom....there were times when both these cats behaviour made me wonder if staying with humans for 5 generations have altered thier behaviour in some manner or what....But any way raising a kitten to a adult tom cat is something and a nice pass time for me during my unemplyement days....
The best part of being unemployed for some time is to do stuffs which you always wanted to do....you know those small things that you had missed out in life....like say catching up with frds, or say going fishing, or say watching back to back movies till u r back starts to ache....
But the best part is to be with your family full time and catch up which you missed perhaps in u r student life and the part of your professonal life when you were not near them......
Frankly I got to know my cousin sis a bit....I actually have never spend much time with her, I got to go to a lot of places with my mom which perhaps didnt happen after 8th standard,,,, U know doing small things like eating pani puri in the road side thella was a great experiance....Visiting all my relatives was something really great.....till the day I was unemployed I never knew that I had some many relatives.....attend every fucntions that came in my way and enjoy it as long as it lasted......Some times doing nothing is a bliss....and I loved every bit of it till it stayed. Perhaps it made me realise that yeah money and job are necessary but the values of family and fun is also as important as the former parts. Well how long has it been that you have take out some time in the cold winter afternoon to enjoy the golden sunshine in your back while you read your favourite novel...???? How often is it that your have been to fishing or something you like doing best with your childhood friends with whome perhaps you lost contact something like 10 years from now.......Well thing is every small things becaome so fucking valuable in life @ that moment...aint that great...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey roby,
i really enjoyed reading ur post. i relate to so many of the aspects u mentioned....tho i still need to get to the point where i am truly enjoying this phase coz its still more about when i'll get the next one :) i love ur analysis about Cats tho i disagree on ur bit about dogs....like u told me ur terrified of them u should really get a pup n try bringing it up.....a whole new experience :)

Rahul said...

Well binny enjoy it till it lasts..:) coz yesterday is history, tommorow is mystry and today is a gift so enjoy it